On 1 July, Luxembourg will take over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
An overview of an address by the Deputy Permanent Representative of Luxembourg on the Presidency priorities last week can be found here.
The Programme of the Luxembourg Presidency, ‘A Union for the citizens Priorities of the Luxembourg Presidency’, is now available.
The programme is structured under the following headings:
- Stimulating investment to boost growth and employment
- Deepening the European Union’s social dimension
- Managing migration, combining freedom, justice and security
- Revitalising the single market by focusing on its digital dimension
- Placing European competitiveness in a global and transparent framework
- Promoting sustainable development
- Strengthening the European Union’s presence on the global stage